Acceptable Use Policy
Use of Dolby Services is subject to this Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”). This AUP is incorporated by reference into, and governed by the Terms of Service or other similar written agreement between Customer and Dolby (the “Agreement”). The Agreement contains definitions of capitalized terms not otherwise defined in this AUP and takes precedence over any conflicting provisions in this AUP.
Customer may only use the Services for lawful purposes, and Customer is responsible for its use of the Services. Customer may not use, and may not encourage or allow others to use, the Services in violation of this AUP. For example, and without limitation, the following actions are prohibited when using the Services:
1. Using the Services to engage in or encourage any illegal, fraudulent, abusive, or other activities that materially interfere with the business or activities of Dolby.
2. Using the Services to transmit or obtain any material (by email, uploading, downloading, posting, or otherwise) that, intentionally or unintentionally, violates any applicable local, state, national or international law.
3. Violating or facilitating the violation of any local, state, federal, or foreign law or regulation, including, but not limited to, laws and regulations regarding the transmission of data or software and recording of phone calls and communications.
4. Using the Services to transmit any material or content that is offensive, inappropriate, pornographic, obscene, illegal, or otherwise objectionable to any person or entity.
5. Using the Services to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way, including but not limited to, hosting, possessing, disseminating, transmitting, or knowingly receiving material that is unlawful, including child pornography or obscene material.
6. Using the Services to transmit or obtain any material (by email, uploading, downloading, posting, or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
7. Attempting to bypass or break any security mechanism on any of the Services or using the Services in any other manner that poses a material security or service risk to Dolby or any of its other customers.
8. Reverse-engineering the Services in order to find limitations, vulnerabilities, or evade filtering capabilities.
9. Launching or facilitating, whether intentionally or unintentionally, a denial of service attack on any of the Services or any other conduct that materially and adversely impacts the availability, reliability, or stability of the Services.
10. Transmitting any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, spyware, worms or any other malicious, harmful, or deleterious programs.
11. Using the Services to harvest or otherwise collect information about individuals, including email addresses or phone numbers, without their explicit consent or under false pretenses.
12. Using the Services to receive, send or otherwise process Protected Health Information as defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 as amended, unless you have signed a Business Associate Agreement with Dolby or your use of the Services fits within an exception for requiring a Business Associate Agreement.
13. Using the Services to record or monitor a phone call or other communication without securing consent from the participants to the phone call or other communication as required under applicable law (including, as applicable, California’s Invasion of Privacy Act and similar laws in other jurisdictions).
14. Using the Services in a manner that triggers a law enforcement, government, or regulatory agency to request the suspension of the Services to Customer.
15. Using the Services to transmit any material that infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties.
16. Using the Services to transmit any material that is, facilitates, or encourages libelous, defamatory, discriminatory, or otherwise malicious or harmful speech or acts to any person or entity, including but not limited to hate speech, and any other material that Dolby reasonably believes degrades, intimidates, incites violence against, or encourages prejudicial action against anyone based on age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, geographic location or other protected category.